Thursday, August 13, 2009

What we've been up to

I just read some of your blogs and I as always, am sad that I am not as good of a blogger as most of you. I thoroughly enjoy reading the details of your lives and seeing your cute faces! Again, I will try to be better. I keep saying this, but I do mean it.

Well, what we've been up to. Let's see. We just got back from a week long trip to KY to see my family. My little brother Cameron just got home from his two year LDS mission to Oakland, CA. It was wonderful to see him. He looks more mature, but is still the same old Cam. And we love him and are so happy to have him home. Highlights of the KY trip were: The fabulous Louisville bats baseball game (that's some triple A baseball baby...and oh so delicious stadium treats and peanuts), Kings Island amusement park in Cincinnati, Cam's welcome home par-tay, playing with cousin Jason (What a cutie!), and RELAXING. I am sure Jordan would add in his 18 hole golf game with Dad and Andy also. Pictures of this trip?? Well I took a few but we left the camera at Mom's house, so we'll put some up later and I will request some from Aunt Megan, I know she took quite a few also.

Besides our trip, Abram is mobile now. Mostly at home only. He is still a scaredy cat in unknown places and needs just one finger to hold on to while exploring. He is a much happier little man now that he can go where he wants without waiting or dragging us behind him at home. Although he's behind quite a bit on this walking stuff, he is learning new words and trying out this talking thing. It has been very fun to hear him say words like "cracker" and "shoes" on top of the usual daddy and mama. He knows alot more than he can say, that is for sure. We get really excited when he'll say things on demand to show off, but it rarely happens. I guess that's why we have a video camera to capture those moments.

I am busy working and so is Jordan. I have a hard time working full time and not staying home with Abram. But the saddness of leaving him to go to work quickly diminishes when the Lord reminds me quickly of what a great work and service I am blessed to do as oncology nurse. Not only are we able to save for a home and vamp up our food storage with two incomes, I am blessed to grow spiritually through this all of this also. Countless nights I come home past midnight exausted, wake up early with Abram, leave the house in shambles for Jordan to pick up behind me, barely get to the grocery store and do laundry on days off, feel bad that I am not home to cook my boys something real and not make them eat a frozen skillet meal (thank heaven for those!) but at the same time I am a better person through it all. I get to care for the dying, heal the broken hearts afflicted from cancer, both family and patient, share the good news of the gospel, that the Lord knows us all and has a grand plan, and that whatever the outcome, it is His will. I come home grateful for my little family and our health, and the despair of having to work quickly leaves me. Now, I will not say that is leaves me for a long time, because atleast monthly or let's be real weekly, I say I want to quit and stay home....I am so glad that the Lord is forgiving and will remind me of my purpose as often as I am open to letting Him tell me.

Okay so that's what all I've got for you today. We will hopefully be moving into a house, rental, until we know where we want to be for a while. The apt. thing is getting very very old and small and our contract is up at the end of Sept. We love Lacey, but still don't know how long we'll be here, not ready to buy a house and then not be able to sell when the times comes. I am so excited to have more space! Until next time friends, pictures to come later :o)

6 comments:

Amy said...

I miss you!! It was so fun to be able to spend a few days with you in KY. The beach can't come soon enough. Good luck in your rental house search.

The Willis Wonder Years said...

Heather - you are amazing girl, and I have NO idea how you do everything you do. We will keep our eyes open for some nice places to rent. Keep in mind there are a few houses on our block for rent right now! ;o) PARTY TIME if you move on our street!

Lisa said...

Hi Heather!! Hurray for a new blog. It's fun hearing what you're up to. Good luck with work and with the housing search!

RR said...

Hey Heather,
HOw are yOu? When are we going to do a child swap??

Neal Family said...

You go girl!!!! Look at you working and taking care of a family, that is some rough buisness fo sho!!!:) Loved your comment on my blog, and YES I remember that ride, how can I forget!:) All I know is we talked the next day and found that we had both puked that night!haha, ohhhh good times!!!! Miss you tons, you guys are such a cute family for sure! Love ya girlie

Hill Fam said...

Heather I think that you are fantastic! Abram is so lucky to have you even if he doesn't spend as much time with you as he likes. You are doing a great job and just what you know you are supposed to do.