Monday, December 14, 2009

Halloween

Well yes it is Christmas time and I am posting about Halloween!! I know, I know. Just another sign of my crazy life!!! For Halloween this year I wanted to do all the things that I remember doing as a child, you know, the pumpkin patch, carving pumpkins, trick or treating. Time kept moving and I kept procrastinating. The week of Halloween we FINALLY made it to a local pumpkin patch that I had heard raves about. (Numerous play dates and friends had gone and invited us prior but we were never able to go! Argh!) Well it was a complete bust as they were OUT of PUMPKINS!! The field was filled with the nasty, mushy, moldy ones. And the place was about to close so the store wasn't stocked with the tasty cider I had heard about and because it was FREEZING outside, most animals weren't at the petting zoo. And they only made the yummy doughnuts on the weekend and we went on a Monday. And I got all muddy because it never stops raining in WA. Hehe, it was pathetic. Abram did enjoy the few animals we did see and have fun tromping about in the mud.
So we went home empty handed. A few days later we decided to get some from the grocery store, they're all out too. Except for the tiny ones, which I later did have Jordan go back and get. We carved them after Abram was asleep the night before Halloween because I was determined to have them on out doorstep for the trick or treaters. It was a fun little date night. We went to the ward trunk or treat on Halloween and had our friends over for dinner, Emily made dinner in a pumpkin for us! It was so tasty, I think I'll make it a tradition each year. And maybe even try and cook it myself next year. Here's some photos of our cute little Lion! Thanks Grandma H for the costume!


Passing out candy to the neighbors.

Checking out the pumpkins.

Sadly the only photo I got of Abram and his little friend Leah.

Jordan hard at work.

Jordan making a goofy face, notice the smashed pumpkin field behind them!

All and all we had a fun time....next year we'll go for a visit to the patch before they're all out!

1 comment:

Amy said...

It looks like you still made the best of your Halloween! Abram looks adorable in his lion costume! And I need the recipe for the dinner in a pumpkin. It sounds yummy!