Saturday, February 5, 2011

Home Sweet Home

I got to come home from the hospital on Monday, and it was one of the best days of my life. To sit on my own couch, sleep in my own bed next to my husband, and especially to be home with my sweet Abram was such a joy. As I put him to bed that night, I cried like a baby because I was so happy to put him to sleep. It had been 3 1/2 weeks since I kissed him goodnight......pure bliss in my eyes. I am still enjoying the regular things in life, like MY shower and not having to try and cover huge lines coming out of my body with plastic and tape before I get in. And people not waking me up every 5 minutes for vital signs or pills. And taking care of my almost one month old little Jeremiah with Daddy by my side. It's been wonderful and things are starting to get more normal. My Dad left today for home, he will surely be missed. He has been cooking for us all week and playing with Abram like there's no tomorrow. Abram loves his Grandpa Hutzley. My mom-in-law is here until Tuesday and has been so great to have around, we'll see how things go after she leaves. My own sweet mother left the day before I left for home, she stayed in the hospital with me for 3 weeks!

I have one more dose of Rituxan, the drug that has been killing my new generation B-cell antibodies that were responsible for this whole mess, this coming Tuesday at the Huntsman Cancer Hospital. After that we're just going to have to do some lab work checkups for a while and I'll continue to taper off my prednisone......the death of me irritable, funny feeling, and that has made my face a balloon :o)

I am so blessed. Thank you all for all the prayers and fasting on me and my family's behalf, it works and I felt it and I am so grateful. We had lots of wonderful experiences through this trial.

Now for the fun part, a few photos of my prized little boys.........it's been so fun to have a newborn in the house. Jeremiah is such a light in our lives.

Thanks to the Hill's we have matching PJs for the boys..they are SOO cute! Thanks Marta :o) I haven't been able to get out and do any shopping. The perfect gift!


This is us heading home from the hospital, check out the sweet view of SLC I had. (kinda not so clear this day) It was the best room in the Huntsman and I was spoiled because I had a newborn baby and my mom staying with me.


Just snoozing, what I do best. And lookin' so snuggly!


Okay Abram multi-tasking......enough said. I was laughing so hard!



Hopefully I can keep my act together and more stuff will be coming.....we'll see what sleep deprivation brings. Love you all! It's so good to be home.

8 comments:

Coleman Family said...

Your boys are so scrumptious together! Hooray for being home! I'm so happy for you - that must have been a real trial to go through with your little lovies at home and you trying to figure out how to heal! :)

Amy said...

I'm SO happy that you are finally home. Many more playdates and time together to come- you can't keep me away! Love, love, love the cute matching jammies.

Heather said...

I am so glad that you can be home!!! love the matching jammies! your boys are so cute together! i can't even imagine what you had to go through... you are a strong person Heather! i hope things continue to go well & you stay healthy!! :)
xo.

Connie and Brandon said...

YES! YES! YES! I am so glad you are home and getting back to normal. Super cute family...Jeremiah {and Abram too} is adorable!

Hill Family said...

they look adorable! We are so glad that you are safe and home! After I read this post my boys and I said a prayer to Heavenly Father to thank Him for your recovery.

The Willis Wonder Years said...

Im so glad you are home and healing! That must have been such a hard trial being there at the hospital without them. You are a total trooper. I LOVE the top pic of A holding J. SO sweet and so much love just pouring from that picture! You are an incredible woman who makes incredible sacrafices to bring those fantastically adorable babies into this world. You deserve all the blessings they will bring you! Love and miss you!

Lisa said...

Hooraaaaayyyyy!!! I have been wondering about you. I am so happy for you to be home. I get annoyed being in the hospital for two days after a baby, so I can't imagine 3 1/2 weeks. You're a champ.

RR said...

When I read your blog my eyes fill with tears. I just miss you dearly. I'm so sorry things have been crazy. I'd love to talk to you. Rachel